The 7th edition of the Women's will take place in Beirut on May 23, 2021 under the message "Raise The Bar", A call to action for all women in Lebanon to keep moving forward, and to rise to the challenges of every day no matter how big or small.
The Beirut Marathon Women's race was launched in 2013 with the goal to move and unite the women of the nation through running. Participants from all walks of life, all ages, and all backgrounds take part in a race dedicated for them.
WOMEN’S RACE 2021 will take place at Waterfront on Sunday, May 23, 2021.
Please make sure to fully read the Women’s Race 2021 “Rules and Regulations” and the “Covid-19 Terms and Conditions” of the race.
|Event||WOMEN’S RACE 2021|
|Race Day||Sunday, May 23, 2021|
|Venue||Beirut Waterfront, Ain Mriesseh, Seaside Corniche||Organized by||Beirut Marathon Association|
|Registration Opens||April 21, 2021|
|BIB PICK UP Venue||BDD 1280
Time: 4 PM till 8 PM
Date: 5, 6 & 7 May 2021
|10 KM Race (Female Only)||1. Overall
2. 14 – 15 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
3. 16 – 19 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
4. 20 – 34 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
5. 35 – 44 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
6. 45 – 54 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
7. 55 – 64 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
8. 65+ (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
|21.1 KM Race (Female; Male)|| 1. Overall
2. 17 – 19 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
3. 20 – 34 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
4. 35 – 44 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
5. 45 – 54 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
6. 55 – 64 Years (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
7. 65+ (1st, 2nd, 3rd)
● Registration Fee: 40,000 (100% will be donated to @istandforwomen NGO)
● Registration from 21 April till 4 May (however, we have limited number of runners allowed, so we will book on a 1st come 1st serve basis)
● BIB PICK UP (5,6 and 7 May at BDD - Beirut Digital District) 4:00 Pm till 8:00 Pm
● You can pay for the Registration Fee in cash once you pick up your BIB Number
● Registration Fee includes: Medal and BIB, Water Station, Electronic Timing, Fruits, Safety, Closing the Roads, Masks, Sanitizer, Prizes and Gifts.
● 10 KM Open for Women Only (14 Years and above)
● 21.1 Half Marathon Open for Men and Women (17 Years and above)
If you wish to register, please send the below info by WhatsApp message via the link in the bio to secure your spot:
● First, Middle & Last Name:
● Date of Birth:
● Emergency Contact name and number:
We urge you to register the soonest as we have limited spots available.
START AND FINISH LINE
All races start and finish at Beirut Waterfront. General Wissam El Hassan Venue
|Races||Line Up||Start Time|
|21.1 KM Half Marathon||6:15 AM||6:30 AM|
|10 KM Race||7:00 AM||7:15 AM|
BAGGAGE HANDLING SERVICES
● Runners can keep their bags in the dedicated baggage area located in the gathering area near the Start Line. All runners MUST pick up their bags from the Baggage area after the race is over.
● Please ensure to avoid keeping any valuable items in the baggage as the Beirut Marathon Association will not be held responsible for any lost baggage / personal items. Any bags left on Race Day will be donated to NGOs.
AVAILABLE PARKINGS ON RACE DAY:
● Parking facing Lebanese Naval Army Base
● Parking near Al Nahar Building
RACE ITEMS INSTRUCTIONS
● Do not remove the Tag from the BIB.
● Do not switch, fold or wrinkle your BIB.
● Do not switch your BIB Number with any other participant.
● Pin the BIB Number using the four secure pins found in the envelope.
● The BIB Number should be clearly visible on the front of the chest.
● The BIB should be shown clearly from Start to Finish to make sure you have an accurate timing and nice photos.
● NO BIB-TAG = NO TIME.
STATIONS ALONG THE DIFFERENT COURSES
|Distance in KM||Station|
|Every 2.5 KM to 5 KM||Water|
|From Start to Finish||Lebanese Red Cross, Marshalls, Cyclists supporting & controlling the course|
|Along the Course||Judges, Electronic Timing station|
For further details about road closures, directions, maps and race info, check our website www.beirutmarathon.org
Beirut Marathon Association - COVID 19 Restrictions & Safety Plan
• Masks are mandatory at the gathering, start and finish areas, please make sure to have it always on you
• Keep a minimum distance of 1.5m with others
• Participants are sorted into the following groups: A, B, C, D, E, F & G
• Participants’ official BIB numbers will indicate to which group each participant will belong.
• To avoid crowded spaces, each group will be called to their dedicated start-line gate before the start
• Each refreshment station will be equipped with hand sanitizer and all of our volunteers will be asked to keep their masks on and to frequently sanitize their hands
• Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow, sleeve or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards
• Washing your hands before and after the race with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
• Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose and mouth – with unwashed hands
• Stay home if you have cold- or flu-like symptoms and remain home until fever-free (without fever reducing medicine) for 24 hours
• Exchanging water bottles is strictly forbidden
Beirut Marathon COVID 19- Safety Implementations:
• Reduction in event and running teams' capacity to allow for social distancing
• Phased and processes of organizing human flow to allow for social distancing (coding and identifying marks on the ground)
• Restriction of movement within Start & Finish
• Temperature check upon entry to Start & Finish
• Modified queuing systems and disinfection station at entry and exit points
• Reducing public transport and encouraging individual car travel
• Collaboration with a professional disinfection entity to disinfect the Gathering, Start, Finish and Course Areas
Beirut Marathon Association Security Plan
• Operations Room (03874360)
• Information on the back of the BIB Number
• Surveillance Cameras on the course
• Full Course Parameter Closure
Personnel on the Ground
• Lebanese Army
• Internal Security Forces (Police)
• Red Cross
• Medical Team
• BMA Workforce