- This program will be offered in the following regions: Beirut, Jounieh, Dbayeh, Fanar Saida, Brummana, Tripoli, Joub Jennine, Tyre
- Runners must be 17 years or older
- Runners cannot have run internationally or locally a marathon (distance of 42.10 KM) previously
- The 542-training program is a free program; however, participants are required to pay for their registration fee for the Beirut International Marathon 2021
- No refund policy upon the marathon registration
- If any of the conditions mentioned above is not met, the applicant registration shall be discounted
- Runners must train 3 times per week. However, they can train more with the guidance of their coaches
- Runners must commit to the 542 timeline which consists of attending weekly trainings, Sunday long runs, races and meetings
- Runners must commit to participate in official 542 questionnaires and surveys intended to improve the program
- The 542 Organizers reserve the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the program, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world
- Runners must complete a cardiac screening test, which will be provided free of charge by the Beirut Marathon Association in collaboration with Champs Fund
- Runners must agree to join a WhatsApp group set up by their coach for communication and training instructions
- The 542 coaches are experienced runners who are volunteering their time and efforts for this program
- If runners registered for the 542 while paying the BLOM BANK BEIRUT MARATHON 2019 registration fee and turned out to have already ran a marathon previously. The 542 registration will be cancelled, however the registration for the race will stay valid.
- Runners are not allowed to change teams once the training journey starts
- In case of any internal/external complaint or incident, runners are expected to report to the Beirut Marathon Association and/or 542 organizers, as they will do their best in dealing with the situation resourcefully
- Runners can decide to choose between running in a group or running virtually on their own (or combine both). In both cases, participants will receive ongoing training assistance from their dedicated coach
- 542 provides insurance that can only be effective during training sessions and if all the criteria are met and can only be used in the presence of a BMA accredited person.
- BMA and the 542 program’s terms and conditions could be altered, and BMA reserve the right to cancel the program under extenuating circumstances
- It is encouraged to have runners post about their training journey on their social media platforms using the #542, and #beirutmarathon to promote the spirit of running in Lebanon
Code of Ethics
Always be respectful of the environment you are using during your trainings Political slogans or discussions are strictly forbidden Always be cheerful and respectful to all participants, coaches and organizers
Health & Safety
The 542 training program will be held with strict social distancing guidelines. Wearing a mask before and after the runs, at the gatherings is a must. Runners not following this policy will be asked to immediately rectify failing to follow directions. If runners refuse, they will be asked to leave the training session.
Runners should protect their health and safety and that of others by social distancing while running. Please stay up-to-date on the latest news and guidelines from the Lebanese Ministry of Health.
COVID 19 Restrictions
- Wear a face mask during gatherings before or after runs.
- Maintain a 1.5 m distance from other individuals at all times
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow or sleeve, or a tissue and then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands afterwards
- Washing your hands before and after the runs with soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol- based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your face – especially your eyes, nose, and mouth – with unwashed hands
- Stay home if you have cold- or flu-like symptoms and remain home until fever-free (without fever reducing medicine) for 24 hours
- Each coach and runner must have their own water bottles. Exchanging bottles is strictly forbidden
I will not hold the Beirut Marathon Association responsible for any injury, accident or death related to participating in this training program.