As a community-based program, “542” relies on its experienced volunteer coaches who dedicate
their time to train runners in different areas of Lebanon & abroad. “542” witnessed 8 previous
editions (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022 & 2023) which shaped a total of 2,105
marathon finishers who filled the heart of Beirut with happy faces, positive energy and shiny medals.
The 542 training program journey consists of intensive training of sore muscles, exhaustion, recovery, self-discovery, nutrition plans, physical/mental wellbeing activities, injury prevention webinars and more. The “542” structure has proven to make this journey, which might first sound unbearable, go much smoother as training with a team is known to decrease anxiety levels and boost confidence at times of doubt.
“542” is more than a training program ; it is a culture that shows to anyone in the community that an extreme goal is achievable given the correct training and the right support. Beyond that, “542” is about bringing people of different ages, religions and social status, together as teams, working towards a common goal.
That is the cornerstone of the program, it gathers diverse people forging friendships that motivate and empower individuals while breaking through social barriers present in our community.
What “542” creates is always remembered by the finishers and everyone who got to experience everything about the journey to 42.195 KM.
Once a marathoner, always a marathoner.
To ensure that everyone is included, we have 3 distances within the “542” Training Program.
- ● 42 KM Training Program
- ● 21 KM Training Program
- ● 10 KM Training Program
This unique code entitles the runner to the following services over the period of training; by Although the 542 is a free of charge training program, a commitment fee of 5.42USD is payable upon registration to ensure commitment & belonging to a community for 5 months.
The commitment fee gives you access to a complimentary 542 Loyalty Program Card, which rewards the runners by offering a platform of different partners with enticing discounts only available to the 542 runners.
The Loyalty Card has a unique number for each 542 runner which enables them to benefit from the below services;
- ✓ ‘542 Training Program’ athletic shirt
- ✓ Water stations over a period of 5 months each Sunday
- ✓ In-person training with a volunteer coach of their choice in their preferred area
- ✓ Seminars and coaching sessions
- ✓ Weekly nutrition tips
- ✓ Mental Health guidance and coaching via Mindsome App
- ✓ Game nights
- ✓ Regional runs
- ✓ Activities and Group events
- ✓ Photographers for each Sunday run downloadable from our Facebook Page.
- ✓ Technical Meeting ahead of race day
- ✓ 24/7 assistance via our whatsapp group(s) and hotline number if needed
- ✓ Discounted Rates for physiotherapy sessions if needed
- ✓ Prize Money on OMT Beirut Marathon 2023 race day for the top 3 male & female achievers
The 542 code
- 542ers PERSEVERE
- 542ers INSPIRE others
- 542ers are always UNITED
- 542ers EMBRACE the challenge
- 542ers RESPECT the environment
- 542ers LEAVE NO runners behind
- 542ers push their minds and bodies TO THE LIMIT
- 542ers are future MARATHONERS
- 542ers COMMIT to change
- This program will be offered in Lebanon & Abroad.
- Runners must be 17 years or older (42 & 21 KM Programs)
- Runners cannot have run internationally or locally a marathon (distance of 42.10 KM) previously.
- No refund policy upon registration.
- If any of the conditions mentioned above is not met, the applicant registration shall be terminated.
- Runners must train 3 times per week. However, they can train more with the guidance of their coaches.
- Runners must commit to the 542 timeline which consists of attending weekly trainings, Sunday long runs, races and meetings.
- Runners must commit to participate in official 542 questionnaires and surveys intended to improve the program.
- Beirut Marathon reserves the right to use any photographs (including those of participants), motion pictures, recordings, or any other media records of the program, for any legitimate purpose including commercial advertising and distribution to Sponsors anywhere in the world.
- Runners must complete a cardiac screening test, which will be provided free of charge by the Beirut Marathon Association in collaboration with Champs Fund.
- Runners must agree to join a WhatsApp group set up by their coach for communication and training instructions.
- Runners are not allowed to change teams once the training journey starts.
- In case of any internal/external complaint or incident, runners are expected to report to the Beirut Marathon Association and/or 542 organizers, as they will do their best in dealing with the situation resourcefully.
- Runners can decide to choose between running in a group or virtually on their own (or combine both). In both cases, participants will receive ongoing training assistance from their dedicated coach.
- 542 provides insurance that can only be effective during training sessions and if all the criteria are met and can only be used in the presence of a BMA accredited person.
- BMA and the 542 program’s terms and conditions could be altered, and BMA reserve the right to cancel the program under extenuating circumstances.
- It is encouraged to have runners post about their training journey on their social media platforms using the #542, and #beirutmarathon to promote the spirit of running in Lebanon.
- Runners are not allowed, under any circumstances, to share any fitness or nutrition tips with other runners without consulting their coach.
- It The information shared on any of the 542 platforms are confidential and the property of Beirut Marathon Association, sharing any of the information (without the consent of BMA) with any 3rd party will involve a penalty of suspension from the program and a ban from all BMA Races in the future.
- Runners who commit to the 542 Training Program, cannot train with any other training programs during the 5months of training.
- Runners are not advised to register in any local or international races before completing the whole 542 training program, exceptionally, please consult with your coach before committing to any serious race or challenge.
Code of Ethics
- 1- Political & Religious slogans or discussions are strictly forbidden.
- 2- Always be respectful of the environment you are using during your trainings.
- 3- Always be cheerful and respectful to all participants, coaches and organizers.
WAIVER: I will not hold the Beirut Marathon Association responsible for any injury, accident or death related to participating in this training program.
- Registration for the 42 & 21 KM Training Program opens on the 18th of May 2023.
- Registration for the 10 KM Training Program opens on the 01st of August 2023.
For Local 542 Registration, please click here to start.
For International 542 Registration, please click here to start.
Registration closes on the 15th of June 2023